The Community Service Grants Program was continued with the Bigfork School District. The Program is intended to encourage students to become active in the community by undertaking service projects serving Bigfork. For example, one grant last year was awarded to the School’s Bigfork Interact Club for their assistance to the Bigfork Elves in light bulb twisting for our holiday decorations. CFBB also provided financial support to several groups including the Nordic Center and the School District’s Needy Kids Fund.
The Board made a commitment to the Bigfork Center for the Performing Arts to donate $10,000.00 per year for five years towards the Theatre Expansion Program.
In addition, CFBB
- continued to pay insurance for the “Bigfork Elves” when they were under the umbrella of CFBB – they have since formed their own organization!
- repainted downtown parking spaces;
- helped replace the Bigfork Stairs Sign
- snow plowed downtown sidewalks
- paid for downtown street sweeping during the summer months
- purchased new batteries for the downtown Defibrillators
- donated $2,000.00 to the Bigfork Steering Committee
- installed a “dog pollution” station in Sliter’s Park