May 20 @ 10:00 am
|Recurring Event (See all)
One event on May 21, 2022 at 10:00 am
One event on May 22, 2022 at 10:00 am
Crossroads Christian Fellowship invites artists
in all mediums to participate in our
PERSPECTIVES on RESTORATION ART SHOW
Email Submissions Due for Approval: April 25, 2022
(see “Entry Procedure” below)
Show Dates: May 20-22, 2022
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org for more info
This Perspectives Art Show is intended to be an opportunity for artists to dig deeply into the Scriptures and to have their God-given creativity flow out of what they find there. It is a space to glorify God through art, and it is a challenge to meditate on the Word of God around a certain theme and allow art to flow out of that experience.
All mediums will be accepted, but space is limited, so some size restrictions apply.
The theme for this year is “Perspectives on Restoration”
What does it mean for God to restore? What does restoration look like? Feel like?
We ask each artist to choose one of the ten passages of Scripture below that will serve as the foundation for their creativity. The passage should be a guide to you, but not dictate the product of your creativity. The passage will be connected to your art at the show.
- Ezekiel 11:19 I will give them an undivided heart and put a new spirit in them; I will remove from them their heart of stone and give them a heart of flesh.
- Romans 6:4 We were buried therefore with him by baptism into death, in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, we too might walk in newness of life.
- Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
- Isaiah 48:6-7 You have heard these things; look at them all. Will you not admit them? From now on I will tell you of new things, of hidden things unknown to you. They are created now, and not long ago; you have not heard of them before today. So you cannot say, ‘Yes, I knew of them.’
- 2 Corinthians 5:16-17 So from now on we regard no one from a worldly point of view. Though we once regarded Christ in this way, we do so no longer. Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!
- 1 Peter 1:3 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead
- Isaiah 49:10 They will not hunger or thirst, Nor will the scorching heat or sun strike them down; For He who has compassion on them will lead them and will guide them to springs of water.
- Isaiah 43:18–19 “Remember not the former things, nor consider the things of old. Behold, I am doing a new thing; now it springs forth, do you not perceive it? I will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert.
- Psalm 71:20-21 Though you have made me see troubles, many and bitter, you will restore my life again; from the depths of the earth you will again bring me up. You will increase my honor and comfort me once more.
- Matthew 11:28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.”
Please call to confirm time of Art Show.
Please do not hesitate to contact us with questions and comments.