- This event has passed.
4th of July Parade
July 4 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
JULY 4th PARADE @ 12:00 PM
Volunteers are needed! Please sign up here.
Bigfork knows how to throw a party. And when it is our country’s birthday, Bigfork really knows how to celebrate. Centerpiece of the celebration is the annual parade through Bigfork which begins at noon. Bring your whole family to view our great parade to celebrate the birth of our country. The 4th of July Parade in Bigfork is a Flathead Valley favorite.
This year’s 4th of July Parade theme is “There’s No Place Like Home.”
Parking for the parade will be in the field at the intersection of Highway 35 and 82. From this parking area only, free shuttle service is available to downtown from 8am-5pm. For everyone to have a clear view of the parade, there will be no cars allowed in downtown Bigfork after 8 am on the 4th.
Floats must pre-register. Click Here to Register a Float. The Bigfork Area Chamber of Commerce will be charging a fee to help cover the costs associated with the parade. Floats will be judged on Entertainment Value, Originality, Craftsmanship, and Interpretation of the Theme, along with a classic car category.
This year, parade organizers are paying extra care to the energy and messages from participants both in and watching the parade. We are asking that all individuals attending the parade in any capacity remember this is a community event – welcoming to all and strictly non-partisan. Please keep this in mind if you are planning to attend or participate in the parade. Any person or float that is deemed by parade organizers as offensive or political will be removed from the event. We are proud of where we live in and excited to invite the Flathead Valley to this non-partisan celebration of America’s birthday. Campaigning Candidates are allowed to participate with respectful campaign signage only.
The parade begins at noon with members of the military. They will pause at the Bigfork Inn to present colors while the National Anthem is sung.
- The parade organizers will remove any person and or float that is deemed to be political or offensive. This is a non-partisan community event.
- Items may not be thrown into the crowd. Walkers with your float may hand out items or they may be gently tossed toward the feet of spectators.
- No confetti cannons or throwing confetti. Confetti leaves lasting litter throughout our village. If any person on your float is seen breaking this rule, you will be required to pay for clean-up.
- Parade line up starts at 9 am and closes at 11 am.
- Lineup is first come/first in line
- There is no place holding
- Animals and livestock are welcome to join the parade after the rest of the float and before the Flathead Lake Lodge firetruck – who is last. If you will have animals, please contact us so we can help find a safe, shady place for them. Please have walkers to clean up after them
- Judging will take place in the parade line up. To be judged, your float must be completed by 11:00 am.
- Any entrants who have not already paid will be required to pay prior to the parade
Judging Criteria: Click Here to Register a Float
- Originality: This category judges the overall creativity and originality in the float design and concept.
- Craftsmanship: This category judges the quality and complexity of the float’s workmanship.
- Entertainment Value: This category judges the float’s “wow factor.” Judges will consider the elements such as color, sound, and motion. Costumes of participants riding, walking or dancing with the float will also be considered.
- Interpretation of the Theme: This category judges the float’s interpretation of the theme: “Community First”
Contact Person: Rebekah King – firstname.lastname@example.org