Small Engine Repair
The Small Engine Mechanic repairs and maintains gasoline engines used to power equipment such as portable saws, lawn mowers, generators, and compressors. Bigfork Rentals, Inc. is an EOE and provides paid holidays, paid vacation, and paid sick leave. Please apply in person at 275 Swan Hwy / MT 83, Bigfork, MT 59911
- The Small Engine Mechanic adjusts points, valves, carburetors, distributors, and spark plug gaps, using feeler gauges.
- The Small Engine Mechanic reassembles engines after repair or maintenance work is complete.
- The Small Engine Mechanic records repairs made, time spent, and parts used.
- The Small Engine Mechanic performs routine maintenance such as cleaning and oiling parts, honing cylinders, and tuning ignition systems.
- The Small Engine Mechanic obtains problem descriptions from customers, and prepares cost estimates for repairs.
- The Small Engine Mechanic tests and inspects engines to determine malfunctions, to locate missing and broken parts, and to verify repairs, using diagnostic instruments.
- The Small Engine Mechanic repairs or replaces defective parts such as magnetos, water pumps, gears, pistons, and carburetors, using hand tools.
- The Small Engine Mechanic sells parts and equipment as part of their job function.
- The Small Engine Mechanic shows customers how to maintain equipment.
Knowledge requirements for Small Engine Mechanics
- Mechanical- The Small Engine Mechanic needs knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to repair machines or systems using the needed tools.
- Able to determine causes of operating errors and troubleshoot solutions.
- Performs routine maintenance on equipment and determines when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- Knows the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
- Proactively communicates if there may be a problem with a tool or machine.
Job Requirements :
- Minimum 25 years of age for insurance purposes
- Current Montana Driver’s License
- Must pass drug screen
- No more than 1 accident or 2 tickets in the last 3 years
- No DUI in the last 3 years
- Knowledge of the surrounding area (or be able to map delivery routes)
- Be self-motivated
- Understand need for positive customer interaction
- 2 years driving experience
- 40 hours per week
- Starting Salary: $13/ hour DOE