Bigfork ACES After School Program & Summer Camps is seeking Senior Camp Counselors to join our team for the 2022 summer! M-F, Full-time, no weekends or evenings!
We are looking for an energetic, go-getter, senior camp counselor to join our program for the summer. Senior camp counselors will be responsible for overseeing the daily pre-planned administration of the summer camp program including: ensuring the well-being and safety of all participants, administrating daily activities, providing daily feedback to upper management, tracking any related paperwork and logs as needed, and maintaining a fun and safe environment for the participants. The Senior Camp Counselor is also in charge of assisting in the over-seeing of junior camp counselors.
Senior Camp Counselor Responsibilities
– Lead campers through hands-on activities, labs, presentations, field trips, and experiments.
– Ensure that campers at all times are supervised and maintain a safe and enjoyable camp environment.
– Assisting in overseeing junior camp counselors; act as a leader and mentor for junior counselors and CIT’s, providing them with instructions on daily activities.
– Keep track of supplies for camp and convey any camp needs to upper management.
– Ensure participants are safe (properly hydrated, playing in areas free of hazards, conducting themselves in a safe manner, etc.). Perform head-counts of participants throughout the day.
– Follow all camp operating procedures.
– Interact and communicate with parents/guardians during drop-off and pick-up times.
– Assign duties for daily set-up and clean-up of the camp area.
Senior Camp Counselor Requirements
– Must be at least 18 years or older.
– Attending high school currently or hold a high school diploma.
– Must be able to pass a criminal background check.
– Previous experience in child care or related experience is preferred.
– Previous experience with summer camps or interaction with large groups of children is preferred but not necessary.
– Ability to work as a team is a must. Outgoing and energetic personality. Being an positive role model is a must.
– Must be available to work Mondays – Fridays.
– Must be available for training June 13th – 17th.
– Must also be available for all camps, June 20th -August 19th. With the week of July 4th off.
Contact Bigfork Aces at email@example.com or 406-837-5437.