We are currently hiring for Lumberyard Drivers at our Bigfork location!
If you are interested, please fill out an applications and return it to the store.
As a Driver for Sliters, your mission is to provide timely and accurate materials handling and delivery to achieve Sliters’ customer service objectives and protect company assets, including vehicles, yard equipment and inventory. Whether in the yard or store or on the customer’s jobsite, you will greet customers and provide prompt, friendly and courteous service. You will utilize safe driving practices, product and inventory knowledge and materials handling practices to ensure loads are accurate and safely and neatly delivered to customer’s jobsites, in turn, demonstrating our core value of commitment to our customer.
· Acting as a company representative at all times; drivers are a highly visible representative of Sliters in the lumber yard and on the road and customer jobsite. The driver is often the last person our customer will see as part of our sale.
· Inspecting and maintaining truck and equipment on a daily and weekly basis; keeping truck clean.
· Safely delivering and unloading materials. This includes satisfaction teaming with load builder prior to load building for complex loads to prevent costly re-work.
· Assisting with loading and tallying of materials to be delivered, responsible for final check for accuracy of load to be delivered.
· Ensuring a sales ticket / invoice accompanies all materials leaving the yard.
· Ensuring no damage of material, equipment, racks, storage buildings.
· Confirming payment of 100 account deliveries prior to leaving yard.
· Reporting complaints or other problems with customers promptly to supervisor.
· Promptly reporting all accidents and violations and filing appropriate forms.
· Picking up returns and tallying materials picked up and coordinating with yard foreman to put away.
· Being alert to potential sales opportunities and completeness of project solution.
· Keeping time and mileage logs for each delivery (for CDL drivers).
· When in the yard, assisting with customer service and collaborating with the yard foreman on necessary tasks
· Assuming other duties as workload and need dictate.
· Familiar with equipment capacity and proper loading techniques
· Familiar with the market area to organize and efficiently plan delivery routes prior to leaving yard
· Willingness to approach customers and offer assistance to solve customer’s project problems
· Safely operate power equipment, if required
· Clean and neat at all times
· Maintain a positive attitude
· Personal organization and time management
· Timely completion of special projects
· Exceptional teaming skills with other employees
· Exceptional customer service skills
· Excellent listening and oral communication skills
· Adhere to all company policies and procedures
This position requires physical … standing and walking throughout the day and includes occasional heavy lifting (100 lbs) with significant outdoor activities. May load merchandise into customer vehicles.
Performance Indicators include:
1) Average number of stops per day, week, month
2) Accuracy level of deliveries
3) Customer feedback