Bigfork ACES After School & Summer Programs is hiring for a food service manager to join our after-school program. ! Full-time, M-F, no weekends or evenings!
In this role, you’ll oversee, plan, prep, record, budget and serve daily meals in accordance to Montana CACFP (Child and Adult Care Food Program) guidelines. To ensure success as a food service manager, the individual should be able to serve breakfast, lunch and snacks to children in a courteous manner, organize and set up cooking equipment and workstations, perform duties following health, food service, government and other regulations, and demonstrate proper equipment operation skills.
Food Service Manager Responsibilities
– Prepare and serve meals in accordance to Montana Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP)guidelines. This can include breakfast, lunch and snacks.
– Enter/Upload all CACFP related paperwork in accordance to program guidelines.
– Participate in formal and unformal training related to the food program.
– Conduct weekly meal planning
– Keep kitchen inventory stocked – this includes doing the grocery shopping when needed.
– Perform dishwashing duties of cooking, serving and eating utensils.
– Set up serving area and clean up at end of each day.
– Perform preparation duties for the next day.
– Turn on, test and monitor cooking equipment at the beginning of each day as necessary.
– Practice personal hygiene and proper sanitation procedures. Demonstrate knowledge of sanitation practices.
Food Service Manager Requirements
– Holds a high school diploma
– Must pass a criminal background check
– A degree in culinary, education, or a related field would be preferred but not required.
– Experience in food prep or in a food setting is preferred.
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
– Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
– Ability to work in a close, fast paced environment and adapt to last minute changes
– General knowledge of materials and methods used in preparing and serving meats, breads, vegetables and other foods on a large scale.
– Maintain a neat, clean and safe work environment
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or (406) 837-5437.