We are currently looking for a friendly, detail-oriented team member to fill an Accounts Payable Specialist full-time position in our accounting department.
The Accounts Payable Specialist is responsible for the following:
- Receive and process vendor invoices by matching them with purchase orders and receiving documents
- Maintain open files for purchase orders
- Code and seek approval for invoices scheduled for payment and special check requests
- Print, verify and maintain accounts payable voucher reports, open / aging reports, disbursement reports and journals
- Receive and answer phone calls from vendors and other departments in regard to payment status of invoices
- Process check runs
- Assist team members process receiving documents based on purchase orders
- Cross-train to serve as a back-up role for accounts receivable processing and customer account maintenance
- Function as a member of the store team, including answering phones, assisting with putting away freight, and assisting customers at point of sale
- Perform day end closing procedures, including Saturdays
- Other duties as requested
The ideal candidate should have the following qualifications:
- Two years of experience in payables or related field
- Ability to demonstrate reasonable bookkeeping knowledge is preferred
- Excel skills are preferred
- Experience in the building materials or hardware industry a plus
- Candidate should be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills and accuracy levels
SLITERS has been recognized as an employer of choice. We take pride in our team by offering many great benefits and making sure we give you all of the tools that you will need to succeed.
We offer excellent benefits, such as:
- Paid vacations and holidays
- SIMPLE retirement savings plan, with company percentage match
- Performance and referral bonuses
- Medical and Dental insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance Policy and short-term disability!
- Paid holidays and many other great benefits!
Job Type: Full-time