CDL Delivery Driver & Yard Manager:
Bigfork Rentals, Inc has a job opening for a rental equipment delivery driver and laborer. The work is physical and fast paced and candidate must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work is performed outdoors in all weather conditions, in and out of the truck several times a day, lifting up to 100 lbs. Starting salary is $32,750/year Base(DOE) plus Overtime during busy summer season. We offer paid vacation and medical leave.
Tasks & Activities:
· Represent Bigfork Rentals, Inc. in a professional manner which includes a positive attitude, good attendance, punctuality, flexibility and adaptability in meeting company and customer needs.
· Load and unload equipment.
· Secure loaded equipment per company procedure and inspect in transit if necessary.
· Deliver and pick up equipment.
· Maintain accurate delivery and pickup records.
· Open and close the rental yard per company procedure.
· Secure customer signature on contract, if not already signed.
· Inform supervisor of difficulties with deliveries or pickups.
· Inform management of new sales opportunities and job sites.
· Know specifics and applications of rental inventory, so you can answer questions upon delivery.
· Maintain and comply with company procedures and policies.
· While driving company vehicle:
· Serve as store representative.
· Always carry driver’s license .
· Observe all laws.
· Complete safety inspection/safety check daily on vehicles (fuel, lights, brakes, etc.)
· Keep vehicles clean (interior and exterior).
· Notify manager of any scrapes, dents or accidents.
· Notify manager of any mechanical difficulties.
· Recommend equipment and related items to customers.
· Instruct customers on equipment operation.
· Start equipment for customers.
· If equipment is missing or broken upon pick up fill out the appropriate forms and get customer’s signature. Turn in these forms to supervisor, along with pick up sheets. Tag and move broken equipment to repair area.
· Perform vehicle inspections daily, as well as checking gas, oil and other fluid levels. Report problems to supervisor. Top off and record fluid levels as necessary.
· Complete the necessary paperwork for vehicle inspections and turn in to supervisor daily.
· Never leave keys in vehicles or equipment.
· Report safety violations to supervisor.
· Adhere to all company policies, procedures, rules and regulations in written or verbal form.
· Comply with government safety requirements and other regulations and security in store.
· Attend department, store and safety meetings.
· Perform other duties as requested.
· The work is physically demanding, and candidate must be able to perform the essential functions of the job.
· In and out of truck several times per day.
· Ability to lift 70-100 lbs.
· Working outside in all weather conditions
Nature of the Work:
Will load and unload vehicles/trucks and deliver equipment in full or partial loads working with dispatcher/delivery coordinator and delivery assistant. Must service customers in a polite, friendly and professional manner. May be required to assist customers with reservations, contracts, questions, register transactions and order adjustments if necessary.
May be exposed to the general range of weather experienced in the area, except when working in the shop and driving. May have exposure to chemicals, including but not limited to gasoline, diesel fuel, propane, kerosene and cleaning solvents. Propane is an obvious hazard; hence a sense of smell is required. Some electrical equipment is delivered, although it is not a requirement to install or service the equipment. We are a NO SMOKING facility.
Education, Skills & Requirements:
· A high school diploma or equivalent GED is preferred but not required.
· Must be able to lift approximately 70 lbs.
· Must maintain a professional personal appearance.
· Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license, a CDL is preferred.
· Must have a clean driving record with no more than 1 accident or 2 tickets or DUIs in last 3 years.
· Must be able to read a road map, familiarity with local roads a plus.
· Must be able to use mathematics to solve problems.
· Must speak English clearly and write legibly. The ability to speak other languages is a plus.
· Must pass company drug screen.
· Must maintain an acceptable attendance record.
· Must have a full range of motion and dexterity.
· Must be able to provide, understand and complete instructions furnished in written, oral or scheduled form.
· Maintain a cooperative working relationship with co-workers.
· Must be able to maintain a high degree of patience.
· Provide positive customer interaction
· 2 years driving experience
· M-F 8-5, Saturdays 8-2, Summer hours: Saturday 8-5 (overtime)
Please apply in person