The Flathead Lake Brewing Co. is currently hiring for a full time Brewer/Cellar position to join our team in beautiful Bigfork, Montana. The position requires operation of the brewhouse, cellar equipment, and assisting on the packaging lines. Additional opportunities exist in oak management, blending, and recipe development.
- Production brewing on a 30bbl manual Sprinkman system
- Cellar work including tank cleaning, transfers, and yeast handling
- Fermentation management, packaging, carbonation, DO monitoring
- Ales, lagers, Oak aged beer, and sour beer
- Recipe development
- Wild Goose canning assistance
- 6 head Meheen bottle line assistance
- Record keeping and inventory management
- Warehousing including lifting kegs and grain
- Cleaning, maintenance, and facility repair
- Other duties as assigned
- Passion for Craft Beer
- Lift a minimum of 55lbs repeatedly
- Able to work with chemicals in a safe manner; comply with SOP’s
- Able to work in hot, cold, loud, smelly, and wet environments
- Available to occasionally work mornings, evenings, and weekends when necessary
- Able to work in a team environment and independently
- Must have great attitude and work ethic
- 1 year in a production brewery environment preferred
- Formal education in brewing science or commensurate experience
Flathead Lake Brewing Company is located in Bigfork, Montana on the North Shore of Flathead Lake. FLBC is an award-winning brewery and has been in operation for 15 years. In 2014 we opened our new production facility with a capacity of 10,000 bbls/yr. Bigfork has a population of 4,300 people, but swells in the summer months due to the lake and the proximity (45 miles) to Glacier National Park. Outdoor opportunities abound in the region including skiing, boating, fishing, hiking, and, of course, great beer and great people.
Salary DOE. Health, dental, vision insurance after 90 days, 6 paid holidays, and paid vacation after 1 year. Relocation expenses not included.
If interested, please email a cover letter and resume to: