Bigfork ACES is looking for an after-school teacher/aide to join our after-school program. In this role, you’ll oversee and plan daily activities for various age levels, prepare learning materials and help students with homework. To ensure success as an after-school teacher, you should be able to encourage social, emotional, physical and intellectual growth within children and posses a strategic mindset. Ultimately, a top-notch after-school teacher should be a friendly, patient and approachable individual with a passion for children of all ages and posses excellent communication skills.
After-School Teacher Responsibilities
– Planning, preparing & implementing an approved curriculum that includes STEM, art, community service, recreation, and social, emotional learning.
– Oversee daily lesson plans and activities that focus on developing children’s social and motor skills.
– Assisting children with assignments & homework.
– Preparing learning materials & equipment for the day’s activities as needed.
– Interacting with children to provide guidance, emotional support and motivation to complete tasks.
– Meeting with staff to discuss the kids’ performance and any areas in need of improvement.
– Maintaining an organized and clean classroom environment and ensuring students conduct themselves appropriately.
– Ensuring that all rules, policies and guidelines are adhered to at the program.
After-School Teacher Requirements
– Holds a high school diploma
– Must pass a criminal background check
– A degree in education, recreation, or a related field would be preferred but not required.
– Has prior experience working with youth. Ability to work with children and remain friendly, calm and patient always.
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
– Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
– Ability to set rules & guidelines for children to follow
– Ability to work well under stress and adapt to last minute changes
– Ability to manage time and classroom group
Hours are typically part-time during the school year with the opportunity to move full-time during the summer. Pay is dependent on experience. Please inquire for details.